Monday, July 03, 2006

Too hot

I guess those of you in hotter climes will find this a hoot, but we have heat wave warnings here. I don't deal well with hot weather so it means an unproductive and rather boring few days for me. I get to sit at home and do nothing much. Yesterday didn't improve my motivation. I have now written the first draft of a letter to the company that runs the shows. I am just waiting for someone to read through it for me. I know it will need work.

On a more positive note I did get a quilt loaded on the frame today and started work on it. I'm pleased with what I have done so far, it looks very simple but seems to be taking a long time. I am doing irregular crosshatching in the large outer border. It is giving a trellis effect which I really like. Hope the owner does too. I took nearly 3 hours to do the top border of a queen size quilt, but I think that was because I haven't done much ruler work. I've also discovered that not being strictly right handed is an advantage. I quilted myself into a corner and thought I was going to have a very hard time. Nope, I just use the ruler in my right hand and the machine in my left. If anything I would say my work was better that way around. I was hoping to get about half way through this quilt today, but no such luck. Maybe tomorrow will go a bit quicker.

No comments: