Friday, July 07, 2006

schwmmmm wmmmm

Today has been a lot cooler and a lot more productive. I've started making the components for the PCB. In the picture you can see the real items as well as the copies. I am working on x10 magnification. I'm really pleased with the soft versions. It is surprising how much stuffing you need in an essentially flat object.

I've managed to get some more quilting done as well. I am at the milestone where the wadding doesn't reach the floor anymore. I guess it's sad but these little milestones mean a lot to me, they are how I measure my progress.

Of course I also had to finish the new picture. I had two people recognize it. I think it is a lot easier in this picture. For some reason the wing mirrors make all the difference to my brain. I am seeing a theme with all my art quilts, they all look great in low light. As I said earlier I hang them in a room that is usually dark, and just catching a glimse of it in the darkened room work great.

Now I feel I am free to work on other car portraits. I haven't decided yet whether to do one of my cars or Grumpys Dodge first. If I do Grumpy it would be great publicity for the drag racing crowd, but it is going to be very complex. It has logos and custom paintwork which can be done but will be a fiddle. Also it will be next summer now before I can really look for commissions from the racer.

Thinking of racing I really need to replace the suit zip tomorrow, that will slow up the quilting :(

No comments: