Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Interesting times

Well it has been an interesting day, and I am very thankful that I have only been helping to deal with it rather than involved. A friend has been knocked off their motorcycle, so we were asked to recover it for them. That isn't a good day for anyone, but this person has just moved house and was supposed to be going on holiday this week. The timing really sucks. Still they seem essentially Ok, the bike will live and hopefully the other parties insurance will pay for the holiday.

Before my day became interesting I did manage to get Gems 2 onto the frame. I was planning on taking some pictures but I think that will have to wait for the morning now. The real morning after some sleep. I've managed to do the do the first 3 of 16 rows, so I should be able to finish it tomorrow. The areas am working on in this quilt are all white so I have tried a new to me marking method. Rather than something I need to wash out I am using a powder that glows under UV light. My first discovery is that I need to get a blue black light bulb. This type gives out less visible light. Given that I don't find UV especially black at the best of times I need to reduce the light as much as possible. Secondly I a very sensitive to the powder. Having looked at what is in it that doesn't surprise me either. However I can't recommend having to wear latex gloves in this heat. They get pretty disgusting pretty quickly. Still it is doing the job and is a lot quicker then an erasable pen.

Once I get this batch of quilts out of the way I want to spend some time playing with the longarm and making up some samples. I've learned a lot of different freehand designs and I would like to be able to show people what I can do.

1 comment:

Ferret said...

Yes either that or white and white.