Saturday, July 01, 2006

Eeeep 65 blobs of solder

'Peek-a-boo' is now quilted and has a very '80's look. I love it. Even better for having been done quickly and early. I quilted it in simple lines about 1/4" apart. I used invisible thread so it would blend well with both the black and her face. I had been planning to use black thread in the black areas but I think there would have been too many starts and stops in a small area. I will post a picture later when I have taken one.

I then moved on to 'See Sound', the problem with doing new and exciting things is you have to work them out for yourself. I can't think of anyone I can call and ask how to make solder in fabric :) Still I think I have cracked it and it only took 2 attempts. Now I just have the other 63 to do. At just over 5 min each it is going to take a while. Still I suppose I can stuff and sew solder in the car on the way to Sandown tomorrow. I have also realised that if there is handsewing involved there is a limit to how big the quilt can be when it has stiff interfacing in it. I am sure I looked very funny trying to find ways to reach all the way around each solder blob.

1 comment:

Penny said...

I've just caught up with your blog and

\\0// \\0// \\0// \\0//

Congratulations on the award.

The idea of a PCB quilt is really good as well.