Monday, July 10, 2006

Dry joint - on a quilt!?

I never thought I would suffer a dry joint on a quilt, but they do say there is a first time for everything. We concluded that when the thread breaks in the same place on the blob of solder you are putting on a quilt for the third time it counts as a dry joint. I have redone it now so it should be all systems go when it is finished. I've managed to get about a dozen blobs sewn, stuffed and attached to the quilt. It is very slow work, worse than I had thought. I do not have them all cut and the seam in the top of the blobs sewn. Half of them have their bases and have at least been turned ready for stuffing. What can I do, I guess I just have to keep plugging away at it. It is so tedious, but it does look the part. I'll try and get pictures tomorrow, but tonight it is too late to mess about with the camera.

No comments: