Friday, July 28, 2006

Another day another milestone.


This is the front of 'See Sound' this is all the quilted detail done now. I have decided to leave off a few of the markings. I don't think the mounting holes add anything to it as a quilt and there is no point stitching the markings completely covered by components.

Why is it that whenever you do something new you work out the easy way to do it just as you finish? In this case I had been finding it really hard to do the numbers and letters, then on the 11th before finishing I figured out how to do it. The last few were so much easier and I think they look far better than the earlier ones. At least I know it isn't just me I've had several others tell me about similar experiences. On the bright side if I ever decide to do something like this again I will know at least one trick to make it easier. Hopefully when the quilt dries out the chalk marks will have gone. If not I suppose I can try washing it a bit more thoroughly tomorrow. It was good getting this stage finished today, it means I am still on track to getting everything finished in time. Gems 1 is now totally quilted and just waiting for the binding, shame I will have to force myself to rewatch the Ricky Tims DVD to remind me how it works. What a hardship :) If you haven't seen him either on DVD or in real life you really should he is a hoot.

1 comment:

Pat/SWquilter said...

A friend directed me to your blog to see your "Tread Lightly" quilt - amazing!! Congratulations! I have taken a couple of classes with Ricky Tims - isn't he the best?!

Pat H/SWquilter