Friday, June 30, 2006

Peek-a-boo

To try and keep myself on track I pre plan what I should do for about 3 weeks at a time. It doesn't always work out as planned but it does mean I never sit around wondering what to do. When I checked the diary today it told me to work on Peek-a-boo. The idea was that by having a break from See Sound I wouldn't get bored and it would get finished quicker.

It still seemed like a good idea so this is what I have been doing today. I had already prepared the master drawings so I could submit sizes to the Harrogate quilt show. I used the same fabrics I had selected for Miss Baltimore. Those lips are Miss Baltimores shoes and really aren't that orange. Her eyes were some fabric I had pulled out to make the shadows in Miss Baltimore's hair but never used. It was a really quick low stress project.

I didn't have any of my usual interfacing here and I didn't want to have to go to my storage unit and get it so I tried some dressmaking interfacing. This interfacing has rows of stitching running through it and is very stable. I like the way it has behaved as a base and I think I might use it again if it quilts up well. As ever it is more expensive but it might be worth it for the added stability in wall hangings.

I am planning to start quilting her tomorrow. I know how I want her to be quilted but I haven't decided which machine to use. I think I might go for the domestic to give Robin a chance to play on the longarm before the NEC as he wants to use it to quilt his entry. On the other hand, it's a lot easier to do on the longarm. Decisions decisions.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very clever play on shadows as though she's deep in shadow behind a tree or something

Ferret said...

Thank you, that is very much the idea. I'm glad that is what comes across. You never know if there is enough data in an image for others to see it.

Unknown said...

you asked about the ostrich - we're in the middle of this years at present - bql is a yahoo group - go onto www.groups.yahoo.com and put bql into the search should put you through - its a members only but very friendly and welcoming group - hope you can find it ok :o)